Inno-Eko-Tech Energia, technologie kogeneracji i racjonalizacji gospodarowania energią
Inno-Eko-Tech, as a Competency Center of the Institute of Highway Technology and Innovation (IATI) Consortium is housed in a new Education and Research Center of alternative energy, sustainable building and environmental protection, on the campus of the Bialystok University of Technology in Bialystok.
The scientific task of the Inno-Eko-Tech is to develop and comprehensively support the small-scale technological solutions, local energy strategies and closed value chains for renewable energy generation as an applicable model for rural areas, leading to significant reduction of climate harming GHG-emission and improvement of the agricultural area in Central Europe.
Areas of special interest of Inno-Eko-Tech are:
- microbial conversion of biomass and waste to bio-methane,
- value of digestate from an agricultural perspective; biofertilizers in sustainable cropping systems; effects of agricultural use of fermentation residues on the components and functions of agro-ecosystems,
- catalytic conversion of waste and biomass by hydrothermal treatment, gasification of waste/biomass for combined heat and power production,
- technical and environmental aspects of the production of cold pressed vegetable oils and its combustion in diesel engines,
- technical aspects of daylight factor in interior lighting; energy efficiency in electrical systems; design of renewable energy micro-installations hybrid systems with energy accumulation in agriculture; remote metering for renewable energy sources,
- management of by-productsfrom combustionof conventional fuels, fuelsderivedfrom renewablesources of energy andproducts of thermal mineralizationof sludge in the building industry,
- recyclingof waste (eg. produced by theconstruction industry, power engineering) towards reducingthe demandfor raw materialsand energy consumption.
I-E-T has highly qualified staff among others in the area of: thermochemical conversion of biomass, power electronics and grid automation, micro-grids, sustainable building and building materials technology, agriculture and soil science
Competency Center Inno-Eko-Tech:
prof. dr Piotr Banaszuk
Bialystok University of Technology
Wiejska 45 A
e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org