Center of Photonic Materials Technology and Optoelectronic Systems Fotonika
Center of Photonic Materials Technology and Optoelectronic Systems is an initiative adopted within the Consortium “Highway of Technology and Innovation Institute” (IATI) by the CK coordinator – Bialystok University of Technology together with its partners. Key CK competences are built as a result of research and development works include:
- Preparation optical fibers based on the silica and multicomponent glasses doped with rare earth ions and polymers doped with organic dyes and lanthanides. Towers for manufacturing optical fibers with furnaces for multicomponents and silica glasses and system for a photocurable (UV) polymer coatings disposed in protective chambers with 100 purity class. Tower for drawing polymer fibers.
- Design and preparation optical fiber preforms by vapour deposition (Modified Chemical Vapour Deposition). Preforms doped and co-doped with lanthanides using “Solution doping” and “Chelate Doping System” methods.
- Design and preparation optical glasses doped with rare earth ions – a set of furnaces with controlled atmosphere chamber, the protective chamber with a vacuum furnace for the synthesis of glasses in anaerobic and anhydrous conditions.
- Design and preparation organic and inorganic glasses and glass-ceramics doped with lanthanides ions and/or transition metals for photonics applications – high temperature melting technique and low temperature sol-gel method.
- Design and construction of optic fiber lasers, optoelectronic sensors, optic fiber broadband sources and their medicine applications. Research of neoplastic lesions in human tissue using autofluorescence phenomenon.
- Design and preparation complex thin film structures – vacuum sputtering system equipped with separate chambers for inorganic and organic materials vaporization. Thermal evaporation technique and RF method.
- Advanced techniques of optical materials characterization – materials structure research – FTIR, MIR, XRD, Raman.
- AGH – University of Science and Technology
- Wroclaw University of Technology
- University of Silesia in Katowice
- Silesian University of Technology in Gliwice
- Central Institute for Labour Protection
- BIT S.A. Bialystok
- OptoRs z.o.o. Bialystok
Bialystok University of Technology
Laboratory of Optical Fiber Technology
Dominik Dorosz, associate prof.
tel. +48 603 25 77 34