on 19-th of March 2021, the International Resource Panel, OVAM, the European Environmental Bureau (EBB), UNEP Environment and Trade Hub and the European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform (ECESP) are organising webinar about Trade, Resource Extraction & Circular Economy
This event will bring together the trade and circular economy communities to increase awareness of the issues raised in the UNEP-IRP report Sustainable Trade in Resources and to feed into the upcoming discussions on the EU’s trade policy review and the future of the WTO. The webinar will also present the findings of the UNEP-IRP report.
Ahead of the event, participants are invited to engage in an online discussion and provide feedback on the policy recommendations mentioned in the report.
* Welcome and introduction – Sofie Bouteligier (OVAM) and Francesca Carlsson (EEB)
* Presentation of the UNEP-IRP report Sustainable Trade in Resources – Christina Bodouroglou (IRP Secretariat, UNEP) and Colette van der Ven (UNEP Consultant, International trade lawyer, Founder & Director of TULIP Consulting)
* The EU’s trade initiative – speaker from the European Commission (tbc)
* Greening trade – Tanja Buzek (Chair of the EESC’s International Trade Follow-up Committee)
* Q&A and discussion
* Wrap-up and next steps – Sofie Bouteligier (OVAM) – Francesca Carlsson (EEB)
REGISTRATION LINK: https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/EUCircularTalksTrade