Nanocomposites Fibrous Center Nanoprocesy i nanoprodukty
Nanocomposites Fibrous Center (CNW) was established within the Institute of Highway Technology and Innovation (IATI) on the initiative of the University of Bielsko-Biala. Specialists being part of the Center have a wide range of knowledge, among others: in physics and chemistry of polymers. The Coordinator and all Partners of the Center have experience in conducting research on morphology, internal structure and physicochemical properties of natural and synthetic polymers. The biggest advantage of the Consortium is also excellent knowledge of polymer processing methods and the ability to create polymer nanocomposites for special purposes. Rich experience, as well as unique apparatus-laboratory facilities, enable collaboration with numerous research centers in Poland and abroad, as well.
Area of research interests of the Nanocomposites Fibrous Center is the ability to use a variety of nano-additives to the fiber-forming polymers in order to improve the physicochemical and functional properties of products with a fibrous structure. Particularly noteworthy are modifications which ensure the improvement of the electrical properties of fibers through the addition of various allotropic forms of carbon (carbon black, carbon nanotubes, graphene), as well as through the addition of conductive polymers.
The key competence of the staff of the Nanocomposites Fibrous Center cover the following areas:
- in the field of polymer processing:
- Formation and modification of fiber-forming polymers
- The use of biodegradable polymers in fibrous structures
- Preparation of fiber of a defined internal structure
- Formation of technical fibers for special applications.
- in the field of obtaining a polymer nanocomposites:
- Preparation of conductive polymer nanocomposites with the participation of carbon nanoparticles and conducting polymers
- Preparation of composite enriched with nanoparticles of aluminosilicate.
- in the field of modification of polymeric materials to impart new properties (hydrophobic/ hydrophilic/antistatic).
- in the field of conducting structural studies of polymer materials using, among others, X-ray methods, thermal, spectroscopic and microscopic.
Among the Partners of the Nanocomposites Fibrous Center are:
- Wroclaw University of Technology, Faculty of Chemistry, Department of Engineering and Technology of Polymers,
- AGH University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Materials Science and Ceramics, Department of Biomaterials,
- West Pomeranian University of Technology, Institute of Material Science and Engineering,
- Factory of Chemical Fibers, TORLEN Sp. z o. o.
We invite all interested to cooperate in a broad area of science and research to the Nanocomposites Fibrous Center.
Nanocomposites Fibrous Center (CNW)
Tel. +48 33 82 79 114
e-mail: email@example.com, prof. ATH dr hab. Jarosław Janicki