Competency Center for Raw Materials Processing Surowce
Competency Center for Raw Materials Processing within Institute of Non-ferrous Metals is carries out research and development activities in the fields of minerals processing, extractive metallurgy (pyro- and hydrometallurgy), environment protection and analytical chemistry.
The center presents a wide offer of research and technological services in the area of:
- examinations of physicochemical and mineralogical properties of non-ferrous ores and concentrates, coal, waste and secondary materials
- development of technology for enrichment of ores and minerals as well as waste and secondary materials
- development of new and upgrading of existing processing machines and devices
- methods of charge preparation for metallurgical processes by briquetting, granulating, sintering and roasting
- pyrometallurgical processes of metals production from concentrates, scrap and waste as well as fire refining of metals
- examination of physicochemical properties of substrates and products of extractive metallurgy processes (viscosity, melting point, thermograms in the air and in the controlled atmosphere)
- development of electrowinning and electrorefining processes
- new hydrometallurgical technologies for base and by-product metals production
- new technologies for obtaining and refining of precious metals
- wastes valorisation and industrial effluents purification,
- development of technologies for industrial emissions limitation
- development and validation of analytical methods
- CRMs of metals and their alloys designing and production.
The Center possesses strong research and technology facility in 5 IMN research and development departments:
- Department of Hydrometallurgy
- Department of Metallurgy
- Department of Analytical Chemistry
- Department of Environmental Protection
- Department of Minerals Treatment and Waste Utilisation
Team of specialists-researchers and modern equipment, including pilot installations, in the above-mentioned IMN units creates strong research and development competences, which determine potential of the Center.
Only for logged users